Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My New {School} Year Resolutions

I can't believe it's August 1st already! Where did the summer go?! It's such a bittersweet time because I'm always excited for the new year but also sad about leaving my little guy. I get so attached to him during the summer. I know once I'm back in the swing of things, it will be okay though!

Now that I'm in full planning mode for the school year, I thought I'd share some of my resolutions with you! I'm linking up with Amanda Madden's New {School} Year Resolutions Linky.

 
Here is my list of resolutions (I know these are lofty goals, but I'm going to try!):
 
Resolution #1: Document interventions more often. Now that we are using the RTI process, I need to become better at documenting what I am doing to help my struggling students. I do lots of intervention, but just don't take the time to record it. I love this idea of a Student Intervention Kit that I found on Pinterest:
 
Pinned Image
Click {here} to download the freebies for this kit
 
Resolution #2: Be a great mentor for the new teacher joining our 2nd grade team! I am really excited to be mentoring again this year. When I first started teaching, I had a fabulous mentor who helped shape me into the teacher I am today. I want to do the same for my "mentee"!
 
Resolution #3: Be prepared! I need to really make a goal to stay after school and lay things out for the next day. This will make me feel so much more prepared the next morning.
 
Resolution #4: Teach the Common Core effectively! I am excited and anxious about transitioning the Common Core this year. My goal is to do the best I can this first year. I am set with all of my checklists and Common Core posters, so now I just need to teach it!
 
Resolution #5: Have more fun! It's easy to get bogged down by all of the stress from teaching. Planning, teaching, documenting, assessing, etc., etc., etc. can get crazy! This year, I'm going to really try to focus on the positives and have FUN!
 
Well, that's it! What are your new {school} year resolutions? Be sure to link up with Amanda Madden and share yours!
 
Have a great Wednesday everyone!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party, Erin! I love the look of that intervention kit...I know I need to work harder in the area of documentation! Best of luck with keeping those resolutions! Here's to a wonderful school year! :)


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog site! ;D I'm now following you and looking forward to read more of your post. ;D

    xx
    Mutzii
    http://www.dressupmutzii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete