Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Words of Advice Wednesday Linky!


It's time for the Word of Advice Wednesday Linky! I got so many great ideas from all of you the last time I hosted this linky, so thank you! Remember, to participate, all you have to do is link up a blog post about an issue that you would like some advice on. Please try to keep the issues teaching/school/student related! After linking up, please visit the person before you and the person after you and do the following:

1. Read their blog post about an issue that they're having.
2. Think of some meaningful advice that you can give them.
3. Write your advice in the comments section of their post.
4. Feel good knowing that you have helped a fellow teacher! =)

Here is my issue this week- please help...

Now that my kiddos are starting to read longer chapter books (yay!), it is becoming more difficult to manage their guided reading homework each night. When I meet with their guided reading group, we talk about the previous reading assignment and then I assign the next chapter or two for them to read before we meet again. The kids are supposed to be finishing up this reading for their 15 minutes of reading homework each night, but many of the kids are forgetting to read. Then, when it's time to discuss the chapter during guided reading, they have no idea what it is about because they didn't read it. Ahhhh!!! I always have to send the entire group back to their seats to reread the chapter and the bring them back again a few minutes later to discuss. I feel like this is such a waste of instructional time, but I'm not quite sure what else to do to help remind them to complete their reading assignment.

This is where I need your help-- what do you do to make sure that your kids are reading their assigned chapters? Do you do a quick "check-in" the day before you meet with their group? Do you have them reread the chapter before calling them up each time? Please help me out with some ideas- thank you!

Alright, now it's your turn to link up. What do you need some advice on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I know this is kind of frustrating, since I teach 3rd grade students who are (as a majority) low readers. One way I would make sure they do their guided reading homework is by having them complete a short quick comprehension check (5 questions max) over their reading. Unfortunately that means a bit more work for you...
    Miss Wilson
    http://20somethingteachertales.blogspot.com/

    PS: Love linking up. Now I just have to come up with a good problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
    *Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 














    I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
    *Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 

    ReplyDelete
  3. To everyone out there who thinks love spells don't work, I’m here to tell you that Lord Zakuza love spell is the best and most powerful. I am a wealthy man who has lots of assets and possessions but I have difficulty with women. Whenever I try to settle down with any, we end up breaking up and I had no idea of why I was going through such an experience in my relationship. It was so worrying that I couldn’t be myself anymore and I started searching for help everywhere even at my place of work. I was going through my work activities online and I came across a testimony of a lady called ( Febe Anouk ) regarding how Lord Zakuza helped her to restore her relationship with his love spell, I had to give it a try because I needed my Ex lover back that I love so much. I visited Lord Zakuza website online and I told him everything I was going through. Lord Zakuza consoled me and promised to help me out with my situation by preparing a love spell for me. I followed the instructions given by him to me and within 48 hours, my Ex lover came looking for me and pleaded for forgiveness. Since I came in contact with Lord Zakuza, things have changed for good in my life and right now, I am married with two beautiful kids and my home is blessed. All thanks to Lord Zakuza I am forever thankful to you. Visit his website for any help via lordzakuzaspells.com or WhatsApp him on +1 740-573-9483. Try him and your life will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete