Monday, February 18, 2013

Addition with All Types of Addends!


This weekend, I finished a new unit for teaching 1-digit, 2-digit, and 3-digit addition with up to 4 addends. These new Common Core standards were a BIG change for second grade! To be honest, when the standards first came out and I read the one about being able to add four 2-digit numbers, I was a little nervous. That seemed like a lot for my second graders. Now that we've been practicing over the past couple of weeks, I've realized that it's completely do-able. It's amazing what kids can do when you have high expectations and give them plenty of support!

In this unit, you will find 1-digit addition with up to 4 addends, 2-digit addition (with and without regrouping), and 3-digit addition (with and without regrouping). For each level, there are practice pages, number stories, and games/activities to reinforce each skill. I'm so excited about this unit! My favorite game is the "Addition Scoop" where students build their own ice cream cones with 3 scoops of ice cream (each scoop has a 2 digit number on it) and then they add them all up! I am in love with Little Red Schoolhouse's Clip Art- their ice cream cone clip art is just adorable =)

Here is a preview of {almost} everything that is included!


To grab your copy, just click on the picture above! I hope you all are having a wonderful President's Day!

2 comments: