Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Year in Preview and Fun with Fairytales Unit!


Happy New Year everyone! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me =) I have a feeling it's going to be a GREAT year!! I'm linking up with Michelle from Making It As A Middle School Teacher for her "Year in Preview" linky party. Here's what I have coming up:


I am especially looking forward to a weekend away with my husband in the Amish country. It is absolutely beautiful there and so relaxing. We love to shop for furniture and enjoy all of the delicious food (cheese and wine especially!) that you can find there. I also am already excited for our Field Day at the end of the year. Our PE teacher, Mr. L, always plans the most amazing field day for the kiddos and staff. Each year has a different theme and all 20+ rotations are centered around this theme. Last year was pirates and it was such a blast! He sets up a slip-n-slide on the hill in our school's backyard, water balloon sling shots, HUGE bounce houses, cornhole, and so much more. It is definitely the best day of the school year! (Alright- I am really getting ahead of myself here- we still have months until Field Day!)

For those of you going back to school tomorrow, I hope you have a great week back! I still have a few days off, so I've been planning for what my kiddos will be doing when we return. Before break, we started a fairytale unit and the kids have LOVED every minute of it! We've really only covered fairy tales so when we go back next week, I plan to focus on folktales and fables. If you're interested in checking out my "Fun with Fairy Tales, Folktales, and Fables" unit, click on the image below. (My favorite part of this unit is the fable writing activity. So fun!)

 



Happy New Year everyone!

 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Erin it seems like you have some great goals for 2013! Best of luck with them all! Especially adding to your little family it is such a blessing!

    Dana (newest follower) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on your fairytale unit, this is something great for the kids to come back to!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on the documenting interventions regularly! I am so bad about documenting things! It makes me crazy, but I just hate paperwork! I need somewhere to keep it and have to figure out how to organize it.

    I want to read that Number Talks book too. I think we have it somewhere around my school building! I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how so many of our goals are connected. As teachers we deal with so many of the same issues. We spend so much time taking care of others, that we rarely take care of ourselves - hence the Healthy Lifestyle goals. We have found such an instructional resource in each other through our blogs, wouldn't it be wonderful to create a personal resource as well?

    Congratulations on the new addition to your family! What a blessing!

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our PE teacher is really awesome at planning our Field Day too. I know a lot of teachers hate field day but I love it! Good luck on your goals this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love number talks! I am always trying to figure out how to stretch time in the day so that I can add it into the schedule!

    I love field day too!

    Consider me your newest follower!

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete